Your users have asked you to change the text of a standard 'Out of the box' button on the CRM 2011 ribbon so that it makes more sense to them.
This is probably the easiest Ribbon Customisation you can do with the Ribbon Workbench, but it is also the most common customisation.
- Create a solution and add the Entity that you want to change
the button text for. If the button appears on all entities, add
the Application Ribbon to your solution. In this example, I'm
going to re-name the 'Qualify' button on the Lead Form.
- Open the Ribbon Workbench and load your solution.
- Select the 'Form' ribbon using the dropdown box in the top
right of the design surface.
- Select the 'Qualify' button and Right-Click->Customise
Button. The button will now have a red tick against it
indicating that it is customised in this solution.
- In the Properties Tab, select the Language that you want to
customise the label for, and change the 'LabelText'
- Click 'Publish' and the button text will be updated.