General

1. Allow saving of solutions with just warnings

Hi - unsure if I'm dealing with a solution that is already slightly corrupt in terms of it's ribbons - however I am unable to use the new 2016 version (the one embedded in the toolkit) - to save any changes to ribbons whilst there are warnings present (this didn't affect the old versions) - the warning is just one around the hide actions needing a solution reload so nothing sinister.

I'll head back to the old version for now - the new one seems much snappier :)

Cheers

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Default icon colour

Can you please change the colour of the draggable icons to black/off-blank, if it is available? The draggable components I am talk about are Button, Split Button, Flyout, Menu Section and Group. The default colour of these is light grey, which I mistook as disabled and was googling on why these are disabled.

I discovered they are enabled only by accidentally dragging them to the command bar surface. I am using the XrmToolBox version of Ribbon Workbench.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CommandValueId is removed from existing buttons

Existing buttons that use CommandValueId attribute to pass specific parameters to general js functions get their CommandValueId removed when updating the solution using Ribbon WB.
    This even if no changes have been made to the buttons.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Random Crashes

Hi Scott
    I encounter random Workbench crashes (i.e. Ribbon Workbench just refreshes itself as if I opened it again) and loose all previously unpublished changes. This usually happens by clicking "close too" areas that I might be customising - such as adding value rules to Enable/Display Rules. Anyway to highlight the areas or enlarge the areas so we know exactly where to click? :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ToolTipDescriptionText Causes Command Bar to Disappear

It seems as though having anything in the ToolTipDescriptionText field causes the command bar to disappear on save. Im not sure if this is the correct place to report a bug so apologies if not!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When I try to publish the solution, I get an Error regarding adding a report

Reasons:
    1:An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Try adding the report again. If this problem persists, contact your system administrator.

This is on CRM 2013 (6.1.4.145). This problem started happening recently, before this we could publish using Ribbon Workbench with no issues.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have 2 buttons

I have 2 buttons on the incident homepage. But when i open the homepage, the buttons are hidden. Then, i open a incident and go back to the homepage and "shazam" the buttons are showing there.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Errors in 2016 Ribbon Beta

Getting two errors:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) https://MyOrg.crm.dynamics.com/_imgs/ribbon/OpenAssociatedGridView16.png Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

and

ClientUI.js:2849 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'childNodes' of null

Line of error: Xrm.Sdk.XmlHelper.selectSingleNodeDeep=function(doc,baseName){var $enum1=ss.IEnumerator.getEnumerator(doc.childNodes);while($enum1.moveNext()){var $0=$enum1.current;if(Xrm.Sdk.XmlHelper.getLocalName($0)===baseName){return $0;}var $1=Xrm.Sdk.XmlHelper.selectSingleNodeDeep($0,baseName);if($1!=null){return $1;}}return null;}

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can not import solution when modified using workflow in CRM 2016 Update 1:

1'Entity' metadata entity doesnt contain metadata attribute with Name: 'isslaenabled'.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. processtrigger With Id = Does Not Exist Issue Workaround

Hi Scott,
    I was having the issue of "processtrigger With Id = Does Not Exist" and found in your troubleshooting category.

Today, just found a workaround by changing the scope of Business Rules to "All Forms" resolved the issue. I hope you can verify at your end as well. This workaround will be better instead of deleting the Business Rules by the time CRM update 0.3 gets released.

Thanks,
    Anubhav

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. add tooltips to the configuration attributes

Please add some tooltips for things like "default", "isCore" and so on. It is not always understandable what it actually does.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add ability to set CommandValueId on button elements

It is currently not possible to set the CommandValueId attribute on a button element. This attribute is very useful on menu items as it can be passed in as a command parameter by CRM which allows a command to be reused for multiple but similar scenarios.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Visibility Rules incorrectly classified as empty

The following display rules are erroneously picked up as empty by Ribbon workbench:

1. Mscrm.IsExportToExcelOnlineEnabled maps to IsExportToExcelOnlineEnabledRule
      2.Mscrm.HideIfExportToExcelNotEnabled maps to HideIfExportToExcelNotEnabledRule

2. Mscrm.HideOnPhone maps to DeviceTypeRule

Since these are considered empty rules by Ribbon workbench (even though they are not, as per \sdk\2016\Resources\ExportedRibbonXml\contactRibbon.xml), I am unable to update existing visibility rules. The error messages I get are

Empty Display Rule 'Mscrm.IsExportToExcelOnlineEnabled'. Add at least 1 step before publishing.
    Empty Display Rule 'Mscrm.HideIfExportToExcelNotEnabled'. Add at least 1 step before publishing.
    Empty Display Rule 'Mscrm.HideOnPhone'. Add at least 1 step before publishing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. LocLabels in Workbench

There should be any way in the Workbench GUI to define LocLabels. Then a dropdown in Labels and Tooltips attributes to select the LocLabels.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I go to hide a button and publish it, I go in as a test user and still see the button.

did everything the steps said to hide the button and everything seemed successful until I went in as a test user and it still is not hidden.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add validation to check for duplicate sequence numbers

I've noticed that if you have duplicate sequence numbers (at least in the flyout menu) then only one of the buttons will be displayed. I'm not sure if this is a bug in CRM 2015 however it would be great if the application could check for duplicates prior to publish and either renumber the sequence or warn the user.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. update

recently i create custom entity in crm online 2015, but by default every form only have option active and deactive button.

i want to create another button, like success or failed, and it rever to statusreason.

can anyone help me, how to create it using ribbon workbench.
    thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. No solutions are found when opening

I just installed Ribbon Workbench 2.0.0.7 on an upgraded instance of CRM 2015. It still has the RTM version of CRM 2015. I've used the ribbon workbench elsewhere on CRM 2015 but with this customer no solutions are found when I go to open one. I have system administrator and system customizer permissions. There aren't any errors it just finds no solutions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base