How to add a new Home Page Ribbon Button
I can add a new Form Ribbon Button through workbench for CRM 2013.
How to add a new home ribbon button? Would you please tell me the steps?
I would like this new ribbon button as the same as "Edit" ribbon button in contacts view. That means if I select any record in contacts view, the new ribbon button will be displayed.
You'll need to use the 'Selection Count Rule' on an enable rule to do this.
1. Create a solution and add the contact to that solution
2. Open the Ribbon Workbench and load the solution
3. Drag a button from the toolbox onto the 'Home' command bar in the design surface (top one)
4. Right click on Commands and select 'Add New'
5. Right click on the Command and select 'Edit Enable Rules'
6. Click 'Add New'
7. Give the enable rule a name like 'dev1.contact.SelectionCountExactlyOne.EnableRule'
8. Click 'Add Step'
9. Select 'Selection Count Rule' and click OK
10. Set the Maximum and Minimum both to 1 and set 'AppliesTo' to SelectedEntity
11. Click Ok
12. Add what ever action you need to you command
13. Select your new button and set the 'Command' property to be the newly created command in the properties panel.
Hope this helps,