General

1. Problem with Product Detail

When I try to publish any customizations within the ribbon workbench an error appears stating that it has failed with the following message

....The import file is invalid. XSD validation failed with the following error: 'The 'label' attribute is not declared.'.....

Any suggestions?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When I go to hide a button and publish it, I go in as a test user and still see the button.

did everything the steps said to hide the button and everything seemed successful until I went in as a test user and it still is not hidden.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Implement Default and Invert attribute for OrRule

Currently it is possible to configure the Default and InvertResult value for a OrRule within a DisplayRule. Unfortunatley this configuration has no impact, because it is not considered in the XML.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Error in 2016 version of Ribbon workbench

Not able to see some buttonms like addexistingnStandard button in case form.Not able hide button"+" from case subgrid.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow saving of solutions with just warnings

Hi - unsure if I'm dealing with a solution that is already slightly corrupt in terms of it's ribbons - however I am unable to use the new 2016 version (the one embedded in the toolkit) - to save any changes to ribbons whilst there are warnings present (this didn't affect the old versions) - the warning is just one around the hide actions needing a solution reload so nothing sinister.

I'll head back to the old version for now - the new one seems much snappier :)

Cheers

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Control + arrow should go to next period, not end of line

Text editors understand control arrow keybinding as "go to next word separator". Word separators include space, coma, perdiod etc.

Ribbon Workbench does not treat period and coma as word sepparators.

My typical use case is changing something like its.product.Button1.Command to its.product.AssignToAssistant.Command. It's annoying to pixelhunt Button1, I'd be nicer to use keyboard.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In the Solution Elements tab, expand the working node when a new item is added.

When a node is collapsed and you add a new item to it, the item is added but the parent node remains collapsed. The expected behavior would be to expand the node and select the new item.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. LocLabels in Workbench

There should be any way in the Workbench GUI to define LocLabels. Then a dropdown in Labels and Tooltips attributes to select the LocLabels.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Publish Fails in CRM 2011 - importjob With Id = 08ddcccd-2447-45f2-a919-a54778045bab Does Not Exist

I'm adding a button to a ribbon that I've already added buttons previously but I'm unable to publish the solution. Here is the faultstring:

<faultstring xml:lang="en-US">importjob With Id = 08ddcccd-2447-45f2-a919-a54778045bab Does Not Exist</faultstring>

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. No solutions are found when opening

I just installed Ribbon Workbench 2.0.0.7 on an upgraded instance of CRM 2015. It still has the RTM version of CRM 2015. I've used the ribbon workbench elsewhere on CRM 2015 but with this customer no solutions are found when I go to open one. I have system administrator and system customizer permissions. There aren't any errors it just finds no solutions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Errors in 2016 Ribbon Beta

Getting two errors:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) https://MyOrg.crm.dynamics.com/_imgs/ribbon/OpenAssociatedGridView16.png Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

and

ClientUI.js:2849 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'childNodes' of null

Line of error: Xrm.Sdk.XmlHelper.selectSingleNodeDeep=function(doc,baseName){var $enum1=ss.IEnumerator.getEnumerator(doc.childNodes);while($enum1.moveNext()){var $0=$enum1.current;if(Xrm.Sdk.XmlHelper.getLocalName($0)===baseName){return $0;}var $1=Xrm.Sdk.XmlHelper.selectSingleNodeDeep($0,baseName);if($1!=null){return $1;}}return null;}

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When I try to publish the solution, I get an Error

Reasons:
    1:PreEvent step registration does not support Post Image.

Don't know what to do. I just wanted to hide a Button in the RibbonBar

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Default icon colour

Can you please change the colour of the draggable icons to black/off-blank, if it is available? The draggable components I am talk about are Button, Split Button, Flyout, Menu Section and Group. The default colour of these is light grey, which I mistook as disabled and was googling on why these are disabled.

I discovered they are enabled only by accidentally dragging them to the command bar surface. I am using the XrmToolBox version of Ribbon Workbench.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Dynamic filtering while searching solution to be opened

When window, with solution to be opened pop ups, it's uncomfortable to enter text(solution name) and click search button to filtrate results.
    Better idea is to dynamically filtrate available solutions while enetring text.
    Also enter button to accept selected item will be more convenient than clicking OK button

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove the track button on the meeting form , getting error the

Remove the track button on the meeting form , getting error the ribbon button depends on ribbon control id "TrackInCRMButton" suggestion how to resolve this

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reasons:

Reasons:
    1:Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.&#xD;&#xA;Parameter name: Picklist option with value (531030008) that has the parent OptionSet with (1bbd9fbc-9ce1-420d-9502-5b61bb3a8c3f) id does not exist. Default picklist value has to be one of the option values.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add 'subject' entity to non-ribbon entities

Please add subject entity to entities that are excluded from solution load. If this entity is in solution, the solution modified in workbench fails when importing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add validation to check for duplicate sequence numbers

I've noticed that if you have duplicate sequence numbers (at least in the flyout menu) then only one of the buttons will be displayed. I'm not sure if this is a bug in CRM 2015 however it would be great if the application could check for duplicates prior to publish and either renumber the sequence or warn the user.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Thank You!

I just wanted to say thank you. Excellent tutorial. I was intimidated by the program initially but this walkthrough made it easy for me to grasp.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base